What You Need to Know About Natural Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
Is your skin overly sensitive to beauty products? Do regular deodorants make your skin break out in a rash? Or, are you just sick and tired of spending money on skincare products that are full of chemicals?
Commercial deodorants and products are often full of toxins we should think twice about putting on our skin — especially if you have sensitive skin.
Natural deodorants don’t contain the harsh chemicals found in most commercial deodorants that you’ll find in stores. If you have sensitive skin issues, all-natural products can give your skin the love and care it needs. Why not take it a step further by trying out our natural deodorant?
Why Natural Deodorant?
Like many other cosmetics and products at the stores, ingredients in deodorants are quite concerning. Typical store-bought deodorants often contain:
- Aluminum: Found in antiperspirants, this primary ingredient acts as a plug for the sweat glands in your armpits, temporarily keeping you from getting sweaty. Aluminum has been linked to breast cancer and increases your risk of Alzheimer’s disease. No thanks!
- Parabens: This synthetic preservative is found in most personal care products, including deodorant. The biggest concern is how this chemical can disrupt our delicate hormonal balance. Exposure to parabens has been linked to breast cancer, prostate cancer, organ toxicity, and birth defects.
- Phthalates: Another unnecessary chemical ingredient found in deodorant which has been linked to a variety of health issues and birth defects.
- Triclosan: This ingredient has actually been classified as a pesticide by the FDA, so why are we putting this on our bodies?
Those are chemicals that we think everyone would want to steer clear of but especially people with sensitive skin since these chemicals could cause undesirable (and even painful) reactions.
Whether you have sensitive skin or are just tired of using products filled with harmful ingredients, we here at Bend Soap Company don’t think that choosing products for sensitive skin should be as hard as it is. Our advice? Stick with all-natural ingredients that are good for your skin. And while we make no claims about our products curing any skin conditions, for many folks, like us, they’ve found the all-natural skincare products to be more soothing and less irritating than alternative skin care products. Sensitive skin sufferers shouldn’t further harm their skin with these common chemicals in deodorants. Natural deodorant is a better alternative offering even more benefits for your skin.
“This deodorant is the absolute best one I have ever used. It keeps me from sweating excessively, and the smell is absolutely gorgeous! Most natural deodorants make me break out, but this one is gentle and super effective. I will always use this brand.” - Rebekah K.
And it’s not just women! Men have found that our all natural deodorant works great, too:
“When I thought of all natural deodorant I thought of crunchy folks who smell a little bit ripe all the time. But after experiencing the benefits of the Bend Soap Company goat milk soap, I decided to try their all natural deodorant. I have been shocked at how well it works!” - Travis T.
Natural Deodorant Contains Soothing Properties for Sensitive Skin
Testing for our own natural deodorant began over two years ago. After a few trials and errors, and LOTS of testing, we now have a recipe that even Dwight raves about! With natural deodorant, you get:
- No aluminum (read more about the potential dangers of this ingredient here)
- No dyes
- No synthetic fragrances
- No preservatives
- No GMOs
- No parabens
- No junk!
But let’s take a closer look at what benefits do you actually get when you switch to natural deodorant. At Bend Soap Company, our natural deodorants contain these beneficial, nourishing ingredients your skin will love:
- Coconut and red palm oils: Soothing and high in Vitamin E.
- Baking soda: Naturally absorbs and neutralizes body odor.
- Arrowroot powder: Helps absorb moisture.
- Cocoa and shea butter: Smooth texture and nourishing properties.
- Chamomile and calendula extracts: Two naturally soothing ingredients derived from flowers.
- Vitamin E: Healing and nourishing for the skin.
- Essential oils: For a natural scent without synthetic fragrances.
All of these ingredients work together to balance your body’s pH and combat body odor. And the best part? It actually works!
Say Goodbye to Painful Rashes and Irritations
When you’re putting quality, natural ingredients on your body, you’ll likely experience less painful rashes or irritations. Your body is nourished with natural moisturizers and absorbents leaving you with smooth, healthy underarms.
Switching to natural deodorants may cause a rash or irritation while your body eliminates the bacteria held inside by antiperspirants, as noted on our popular Switching to Natural Deodorant page. Typically, these reactions subside and are followed by smooth, clear armpits. If reactions continue to occur, a baking soda free deodorant may be a better option for sensitive skin.
Whether you’re a conscientious individual that wants to get rid of traditional deodorants because of all the harmful chemicals or are just curious about how natural deodorant could help your sensitive skin, give one of our natural deodorants a try. Your skin will love it!