Have you read the ingredients on commercial soap packages? If so, you probably noticed a bunch of ingredients you can barely pronounce, let alone understand!
Your skin is your largest organ so it’s important to take care of it. Why? Because ...
what you put on your skin is
directly absorbed into your body!!
So what are you really putting on your skin with commercial soaps? The answer may surprise you.
Regular Commercial Soap Ingredients
Commercial soaps are mass produced and often contain harmful chemicals and detergents that are really not very “clean” after all - but do more harm than good.
The following are a few harmful commercial soap ingredients.
- Artificial Dyes – commercial soaps are often laden with artificial dyes and colorings which have been known to cause health issues. Yellow No. 6, Red No.3, Blue No. 2 … and several more have been linked to all sort of cancers and conditions, possibly even hyperactivity in children. Sure, it makes the soap look pretty, but at what cost to the body.
- Artificial Perfumes – though artificial scents may smell nice, they can be linked to hormonal issues and allergies. Synthetic perfumes and fragrances have ingredients in them that may cause skin irritations or aggravate current skin issues such as acne.
- Parabens – these are harmful chemical preservatives often found in commercial soaps and beauty products to prevent the growth of microbes. They are absorbed through your skin, blood, and digestive system and are known to disrupt hormones.
- Petrochemicals – these chemicals are made from petroleum. They should be considered unsafe for use on skin because little is known about the long-term effects they have on our health. Synthetic Vitamin E is often manufactured from petroleum, and included in many skin care products.
- Phthalates – this additive is known to cause cancer and is often used in synthetic fragrances.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate – used to degrease engines and clean garage floors, this chemical is added to soap to dissolve oils on your skin. It is also added to help the soap or shampoo lather up really well. Yet this ingredient has known side-effect, not to mention that it is also said to dry out and irritate skin.
These are just a few examples, but understanding the chemicals in soaps may make you think twice about what you’re putting on your skin.
Goat Milk Soap Ingredients
The best part about the label on our goat milk soap? You can read it!
The ingredients in our goat milk soap are natural, good for your skin, and so delicious you may think you can eat it (though we wouldn’t recommend it!). Each ingredient benefits the skin and body, instead of harming it!
Each bar has four main ingredients:
- Fresh Goat Milk – this is the key ingredient and it’s right from the source! Each bar contains over 26% farm fresh goat milk (not pasteurized, powdered goat milk)! This ingredient is a natural moisturizer, reduces inflammation, helps acne, is a natural exfoliator, and so much more!
- Coconut Oil – another excellent moisturizer for skin, coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and prevents premature aging and wrinkles. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals that help feed the skin and nourish it.
- Olive Oil – sweet nectar of the Mediterranean, olive oil soothes and nourishes the skin. It doesn’t clog pores but enhances exfoliation for fresh, youthful skin.
- Red Palm Oil – this wonderful oil from the fruit of the red palm tree is loaded with tocotrienols from the vitamin E family. They’re proven to prevent aging and damage from free radicals. They penetrate deep into your skin’s layers for healing and protection from the inside out.
Other ingredients include:
- Lye (Sodium Hydroxide) – this ingredient is necessary for the soap-making process in that it turns these wonderful the oils and milk into soap and glycerin! It completely dissipates and neutralizes with the milk and oils. When the soap is finished curing, no lye can be found.
- Essential Oils – 100% pure plant-extracted oils with tantalizing fresh scents. Each essential oil also comes with it’s own set of natural benefits.
Toss the chemical laden commercial soaps and replace with pure goat milk soap for you and your family. Your skin will thank you!