Allow us to make a wild statement: natural skincare products are CRUCIAL to our health (not optional!)
We're serious! It’s not just a “good idea” anymore… it’s a MUST! After we first realized this and chose to eliminate the toxic commercial products, it’s become our mission to replace the items in our home with NATURAL solutions. The Bend Soap Company line now includes soap, lotion, scrubs, lip butter, and even alternatives for shaving creams, dish soap, laundry detergent, etc.
Now take deodorant, for example. Commercial deodorants are full of alcohols, dyes, and most-often antiperspirants. Yet, if perspiring is the body's natural way to eliminate toxins, why would we want to prevent this with antiperspirants that trap toxins in, instead of allowing them to escape? Antiperspirants often have aluminum in them, which has been linked to Alzheimer’s and dementia. Dyes have been linked to cancers and degenerative diseases as well.
If you’re like us, you’ve searched high and low for a natural alternative deodorant that works. Crystals, oils, the gamut! However, no one wants to smell like B.O. for two years while searching for that elusive product! Because, if you’re like us, you’ve tried all those natural deodorant alternatives and found them... Hmmm... Lacking, to say the least.
Antiperspirants often have aluminum in them, which has been linked to Alzheimer’s and dementia. Dyes have been linked to cancers and degenerative diseases as well.
Perhaps you have also found that even though the “natural” deodorants say "natural," they still seem to have included alcohols and other ingredients you don't want on your body.
WAHOO!! Are you just as giddy as we are? Testing our own recipe started over two years ago. We finally have a superb recipe that even Dwight raves about! We have also chosen delightful all-natural scents so you don't have to smell like "tea tree" to be fresh (wink, wink). Just another way Bend Soap can help you go toxin-free!
Available in 6 scents with 2 baking soda free options:
This new product contains ZERO dyes, synthetic fragrances or preservatives, GMO’s, alcohols, parabens, phthalates or soy, corn, and canola oils… No junk.
Here's what you WILL find in our all-natural deodorant:
- Coconut and red palm oils: High in Vitamin E and loved by your skin.
- Baking soda: Which absorbs and neutralizes body odor.
- Arrowroot powder: Absorbs moisture.
- Cocoa and shea butters: For smooth texture and nourishing properties.
- Chamomile and Calendula extracts (from flowers): Which makes our product very soothing.
- Vitamin E: Nourishing and healing for the skin.
- Essential oils and natural scent
All of these ingredients are 100% natural and work together to balance your pH and combat body odor. It's the ultimate natural, handcrafted deodorant that actually works!
"Once we decided to 'go natural', my wife would always make me try expensive natural deodorants that made me smell horrible... because they didn't work. Then after we started making our own, I tried it out. I was amazed! It worked better than the commercial deodorants and I didn’t even have to re-apply! I could be working all day (sweating up a storm), or skiing all day, and before I'd have to roll down the windows in the car because of the smell. Now, I feel as fresh as when the day started! It's amazing... I'll never go back to blue-dye commercial stuff again or any other! The Woodsman scent is awesome!" - Dwight
So, when switching to a natural deodorant, you may find that there is a bit of a detox process that goes along with this. As mentioned above, the armpits are a natural place for the body to perspire (sweat) and release toxins. Give your body a few days to allow this to happen. For helpful tips and resources to help with this adjustment, check out our Switching to Natural Deodorant page.
We would love to hear from you! Let us know what you think about our new product by leaving a comment below. We hope you love it just as much as we do!
Other Posts You Might Enjoy
- Blog Post: The Dangers of Aluminum in Your Deodorant
- Blog Post: What You Need to Know About Natural Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
- Blog Post: Why Natural Deodorant is Becoming More Popular
- Blog Post: The Beauty Trend That's Here to Stay: Natural Deodorant
- Blog Post: How to Avoid and Fix Natural Deodorant Rash
- Blog Post: Natural Deodorant That Really Works
- Blog Post: How to Detox Your Armpits and Prepare for Natural Deodorant
More Posts to Enjoy
- Blog Post: How to Care for Eczema & Sensitive Skin in Every Season
- Blog Post: Creative Ways to Use Travel Size Bars of Goat Milk Soap
- Blog Post: 3 of the Most Common Skin Issues for Men and the Best All-Natural Solutions
- Blog Post: Why Salty Skin is a Good Thing: The Benefits of Sea Salt in Skincare